Our public health officials now advise that we wear a non-medical mask in situations where social distancing may not be possible (eg. out shopping).
IMPORTANT information regarding the use of masks
- Using a mask is NOT a replacement for the physical distancing measures currently in place, but rather as an additional measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Using a non-medical mask does NOT protect the wearer from contracting the virus, but rather can aid in preventing the wearer from infecting others should they be asymptomatic or not yet showing symptoms of the illness. This can help reduce the accidental spread of the virus.
- If you must go out for an essential reason, such as groceries or a medical appointment, it is now advised that you wear a non-medical mask to do so.
- WARNING: Do NOT place a mask on a child under the age of 2, a sleeping person, or a person who is not physically able to remove it themselves. (suffocation hazard).
We are sewing non-medicals masks using 2 layers of 100% cotton with a high thread count and a filter pocket. We have chosen the following designs for distribution:
- The Craft Passion Pattern recommended by CHEO. Please follow the instructions for Type B – Face Mask with pocket for filter insert.
- The Nose Pocket Fold Mask – download pattern.
- Wire Free Adjustable Face Mask – download pattern.
- Adjustable Fabric Face Mask – download pattern.
Please also find instructions on how to achieve pleat perfection.